It’s been the subject of many conversations between women for decades – cellulite. How to get rid of that cottage cheese like texture, that even the skinniest of women are subject to? Often confused with something that you can diet and exercise your way out of, cellulite is a structural problem not a “fat” problem. It requires a change in the relationship of the skin, fat, connective tissue and underlying muscle that creates those unsightly dimples.
Up until now, other treatments have been able to make minimal improvement (25-50%) in the appearance of cellulite. Cellulaze from Cynosure, the makers of SmartLipo®, have introduced a new procedure that addresses the structural problems below the skin’s surface that cause cellulite. The Cellulaze procedure is aminimally invasive procedure performed by a physician that has been clinically proven to thicken and smooth the skin’s surface.
About Cellulaze Cellulite Reduction
Benefits of the Cellulaze Cellulite Treatment:
- One Treatment is Required
- Clinical studies have shown that results last for one year
- 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their Cellulaze treatment and would recommend it to a friend
- The procedure can be used to treat the buttocks, back of the legs, abdomen and thighs
How Cellulaze Works
Target bulging pockets of fat
Using the SideLight laser fiber, pockets of herniated fat are targeted.
Thermal subcision of fibrous septae
SideLight laser fiber is re-oriented to thermallly subcise fibrous septae.
Energy is delivered to the hypo dermal juntion to thicken skin and increase skin elasticity.
As you age, certain factors such as hormones, weight changes and simple aging can cause connective tissue bands under the skin to stiffen and cause the fat cells they surround to become larger and push into the skin. This creates the “cottage cheese” like effect that many women complain of in their buttocks and thighs. In the past, other treatments have only focused on the surface level of cellulite. Cellulaze is the only treatment that treats the fibrous bans beneath the skin in addition to thickening and increasing elasticity.
The procedure begins with two tiny incisions that are about the size of the tip of a pen. Patients are awake during the procedure. A local anesthetic and and/or a numbing solution is used during the treatment. The Celulaze laser is threaded through a tiny tube and inserted through the incision site. A SideLight laser will be used to smooth out bumps of fat, release fibrous bands that pull down the skin and stimulate collagen production to promote the “smooth” look in the treated area. Liquefied fat is pressed out of the treated area. Overall, the procedure lasts from 1 to 1.5 hours.
Things to Know
- You will have some bruising and discomfort following the procedure.
- Small amounts of fluid may leak from the incision sites.
- Patients may be required to wear a compression garment for weeks following the procedure.
- You will be able to go back to your normal activities a day or two after the procedure. More strenuous activities should be postponed until one to two weeks after the procedure
- Results will continue to improve for the next three to twelve months
Is the Cellulaze Treatment Right For You?
Ideal candidates have lumps or dimpling that has not responded to diet and exercise. They are within an ideal weight for their height and have realistic expectations on the procedure’s results.
What is the cost of the Cellulaze treatment?
The cost of the procedure starts at $2,950 for a small area, plus an operating room fee, and goes up from there, depending on the number of areas desired.