Sanctuary Plastic Surgery’s Dr. Pozner Receives Top Doctor Status on RealSelf!
Congratulations to Sanctuary Plastic Surgery’s very own Dr. Jason Pozner on achieving Top Doctor status with RealSelf! Not only does Dr. Pozner help our many patients here in the South Florida area, but he has been lending his years of expert knowledge to people all over the country. Over the last several years, Dr. Pozner’s solid advice has benefited many people who are looking for answers to their plastic surgery questions and concerns.
Continue reading “Sanctuary Plastic Surgery’s Dr. Pozner Receives Top Doctor Status on RealSelf!” »
3 Questions You Should Ask Before Breast Augmentation
So you’ve made the decision to have your breasts enhanced. You’ve pored over countless before and after shots online, and now you’ve found the right surgeon to make your breasts look fantastic. However, we get that a trip to the plastic surgeon’s office can sometimes be a little overwhelming. You may feel like you’re being bombarded with a ton of questions—from why you’re considering augmentation to what you realistically expect from having your breasts enhanced.
Continue reading “3 Questions You Should Ask Before Breast Augmentation” »
Welcome to Our New Website!
Sanctuary Plastic Surgery is Excited to Share Our Newly Designed Website
Sanctuary Plastic Surgery has had some work done of its own. Our new, fully responsive website is designed to make it easier for our patients to find the procedures and information they need whether you’re at home or on the go. Please, take a look around and give us a call when you’re ready to schedule you’re own personal consultation.Continue reading “Welcome to Our New Website!” »
Three Ways to Avoid “Fake” Looking Breasts
1. One way to avoid a “fake” look with breast augmentation is to place the implant beneath the pectoralis major (chest) muscle. In this position, there is an extra layer of tissue between the implant and your skin so the effect of the implant is blunted making the edges softer and the shape more natural. This is more important in women with small breasts who have little native breast tissue.
2. Another possible way to avoid an obvious breast augmentation appearance is to choose a silicone gel implant. Although a lovely natural augmentation can be achieved with a saline implant, these implants tend to be a little harder due to the fact that the surgeon is required to “overfill” the implant to avoid rupture and movement of the fluid within the implant. A softer, silicone implant tends to feel and look a little more natural.
3. Perhaps the most important approach to prevent a “fake” augmented look to the breasts is to work with your surgeon to choose the right implant size and shape to fit your body. There are a wide range of implant choices available to accommodate the variety of body types out there. If you have a small frame and small breast, a large implant will be more difficult to conceal and is more likely to look fake. The larger implants are also wider and when placed on a smaller frame the new breast is wider than the chest—a stigma of breast augmentation unwanted by some patients that desire a natural augmentation.
Have a little extra fat that you would like to rid yourself of?
Have a little extra fat that you would like to rid yourself of? Of course—many of us do! Let’s just imagine that you have it taken out, but then what? What is the fate of your extricated fat? Historically, it was disposed of; never to be seen again. And we cheer, “Goodbye unwanted fat!!!!” But is it really unwanted? Maybe. . . at least from where it was taken. However, have you also noticed your face isn’t as full as it was when you were a younger version of yourself? Breasts not as full as you prefer? Eyes looking a little tired and hollow? Well, perhaps that fat we removed could be used to fill in a deflated area somewhere else on your body. If these thoughts have ever crossed your mind, then the good news is—it can!Continue reading “Have a little extra fat that you would like to rid yourself of?” »
Life & Style
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Jason Pozner performed a breast enhancement procedure on BRAVO’s “New Jersey Housewives” star Dina Manzo. In and interview with Life & Style, Dina explains why she chose to downsize. Read more »
Are Silicone Breast Implants Safe?
I Thought Silicone Breast Implants Were in Danger of Leaking, So Why Are They Still Used?
The older generation of silicone gel implants certainly did have gel leakage when rupture occurred. Typically the gel would mostly stay within the implant pocket which is the normal sac-like scar that forms around any implant. It did occasionally leak even beyond the capsule however.
The newer generation of silicone gel in breast implants is firmer and more thick such that even if shell rupture does occur, the gel stays put inside. A good way to explain it is that the breast implant is like a jello mold—when you cut jello it keeps it shape and doesn’t leak all.
Additionally, despite the FDA moratorium on use of silicone gel breast implants from 1992 – 2006 their safety has been proven in clinical studies. There is no known association between silicone breast implant use and health issues such as connective tissue disorders, breast cancer, and reproductive problems. These implants (as well as all other implants) are always in the process of study, tracking, and evaluation by the FDA and plastic surgeons to ensure their continued safe and appropriate use.
5 Things to Expect After Breast Augmentation
1. Discomfort – Most patients complain of discomfort for 1 week after surgery, however the range of time that patients experience discomfort varies. Some describe very little pain, some more. If we recommend placement of an implant beneath the chest muscle, your discomfort may last longer—10-14 days in some patients. This discomfort is usually well managed with oral pain medications, numbing medicine administered during surgery, and occasionally medications to relax the chest muscles.
2. Swelling – Anytime we perform surgery, the body’s normal response is to swell and the breasts are no exception. This will make the breasts look larger and more firm than they will look at the final result after swelling has resolved. It may take a month or more for the swelling to completely resolve.
3. Minimal Scarring – We always attempt to minimize the size and appearance of scars. The beauty of having your surgery done by a trained plastic surgeon is that we specialize in scars! Additionally, every patient that has surgery at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery is placed on a post-surgery scar program. This typically includes scar massage, avoidance of sun exposure, and laser scar treatment.
4. Temporary Limitations – In the early post-operative period, you will be asked to limit any heavy physical activity such as running, weight lifting, etc. These activities may cause problems with healing and can also create more discomfort. The time frame for this depends on the surgery performed but is typically several weeks. You will be instructed on how to gradually introduce these physical activities back into your normal routine. We also require that patients refrain from driving while on pain medication (safety first!). You will be placed into a special supportive surgical bra and will be instructed to wear a bra with no underwire for a period of time.
5. Massage Duties – We want to make sure that your new breasts continue to look great! One way we do this is by placing you on an implant massage protocol in the post-operative period, typically starting at one to two weeks after surgery. This encourages the implant to stay soft and to keep the implant pocket (scar sac that forms normally around implants) healthy and open. We may also have you lay on your stomach and chest to put some pressure on the implant and their pocket for the same reason. Some patients may also be sent for special massage with ultrasound in our spa if needed.
I wanted to thank youHello Dr. Pozner
I wanted to thank you for doing an awesome job on my breast implants. I didn’t realize they where so bad before seeing you. “What a Big Difference” my husband loves them too. Your staff was amazing as well from the beginning making me feel at ease throughout the entire process.
Thank you again! I will definitely give you plenty of referrals. – S