Dr. Alan Gold is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, having completed his college education at Colgate University in just three years, graduating with honors, before then attending New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine. He trained in his General Surgery Residency at North Shore University Hospital and completed his Plastic Surgery Residency at New York Kings County Hospital-Downstate Medical Center. Dr. Gold has been in private practice since 1978, specializing in aesthetic plastic surgery.
Author and Educator
Dr. Gold has published articles on various plastic surgery topics, and regularly presents and teaches courses at regional, national, and international plastic surgery conferences. He was recently honored to be selected as a Traveling Professor of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and is extremely active in many national plastic surgery organizations. He has proudly served as the President of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, President of the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation, and President of the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities, and has served on the Board of Directors of each of those organizations.
Certifications and Memberships
His additional organizational activities include or have included certification by or membership in:
- The American Board of Plastic Surgery (Diplomate)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (Diplomate)
- American College of Surgeons (Fellow)
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (A.S.A.P.S., Past President)
- Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation (A.S.E.R.F., Past President)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (Board of Directors), (former member)
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (P.S.E.F.), (former member)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (I.S.A.P.S.)
- New England Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Past-President)
- American Association of Hand Surgery
- American Burn Association
- American Cleft Palate Association
- American Cleft Palate Association Educational Foundation
- American Academy of Pediatrics (Fellow)
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (A.A.A.A.S.F., Past President)
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Nassau Academy of Medicine
- Nassau Surgical Society
- Nassau-Suffolk Physicians Guild
- New York State Society of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Society of Former Residents and Associates of Plastic Surgery, Downstate Medical Center-Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Gold is outstanding. I couldn’t be happier with my new nose, and with the experience as a whole. Even before meeting the doctor, I was so impressed by how natural all of his rhinoplasties were in the Before and After Gallery. Dr. Gold listened to all of my concerns, and addressed them all. His entire team is great, from the nurses who answered all of my calls, to the wonderful anesthesiologist who put me at ease, day of surgery. I have nothing but great things to say, thank you again!
A True Professional
I could not speak more highly of Dr. Gold and his staff in my experience of getting a rhinoplasty. It’s clear from start to finish that he is very invested in his patients. He is extremely caring, reassuring, and very much a perfectionist - A true proffesional in every sense of the word. Also, the anesthesiologist is excellent and very thorough which just shows their level of expertise so you can rest assured you are in good hands. My nose is even better than I expected. Would highly recommend Dr. Gold for any surgical procedure and will definitely be coming back for any further procedures in the future.
Beautiful, Elegant, Natural
Dr. Gold made me look beautiful, elegant, natural and pretty. There is no dollar amount to make you feel this way after surgery. He is a gem of a surgeon.
I was always self conscious about the appearance of my nose, it was crooked and wide. My friend told me about the amazing experience she had with Dr. Gold for her rhinoplasty. I'm so happy I chose Dr. Gold.
Everytime I looked in the mirror all I saw was my nose. When I was younger, I was oftened bullied and teased about my nose. My cousin in New York used Dr Gold for her breast surgery and was really happy with her results.