Recovery After Breast Augmentation Surgery
Like any other type of cosmetic surgery, a breast augmentation requires a few weeks of recovery time. While the process may seem intimidating at first, our experienced plastic surgeons will provide you with all of the guidance you need during recovery so you can get back to your daily routine.
Here is the standard timeline for a breast augmentation recovery:
- 1 Day: Immediately following your surgery, you will be given a compression garment to support your breasts and reduce swelling. You will also need someone to drive you home. While you will need to rest, it may be a good idea to walk around a bit to help with blood circulation.
- 1-2 Weeks: During the first couple weeks of your recovery, you will need to take some time off from work. You will still have some minor swelling or soreness.
- 4 Weeks: At this point, your swelling should mostly subside. This means you can wear a sports bra and resume light exercise.
- 6 Weeks: After six weeks, most patients can start easing into more strenuous exercise or movement.
- 3 Months: Just a few months after your procedure, you should be mostly recovered from your breast augmentation. This means you can start wearing underwire bras and get back to your normal activities.
Since everybody heals at a different pace, this timeline can be slightly different from patient to patient. However, there are a few ways that you can make your breast augmentation recovery easier. First, make sure you prepare for your surgery by prepping some nutritious meals, cleaning your house, and setting up your recovery room. Next, ask a partner, friend, or family member to help take care of you after your surgery. Finally, rest as much as you can so that your body can heal properly.
Interested in a Breast Augmentation?
If you are thinking about having a breast augmentation and want to know more about the surgery, call Sanctuary Plastic Surgery at 561-367-9101 to schedule an initial consultation. Our skilled plastic surgeons can help you achieve a beautiful, youthful look. We welcome patients living in Boca Raton and throughout South Florida.
6 Facelift Candidacy Factors
There are a few signs that you may be a good candidate for a facelift. Whether you want to reduce your wrinkles or correct sagging skin, our team of skilled plastic surgeons at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery can help you attain an elegant look that meets your goals. You are probably a good facelift candidate if:
- Your face has gotten saggy: One of the most important factors in determining your candidacy for a facial procedure is making sure the procedure will accomplish your goals. If you have saggy facial skin and jowls, a facelift is probably a great match for what you want to correct.
- You want better defined facial contours: By removing excess skin and re-draping the skin, our plastic surgeons restore the definition of your jawline and the shape of your face. Skin hanging from the jawline and mid-face sagging will be eliminated.
- You Are in Good Overall Health: Before any plastic surgery, it is best to be in good overall health to ensure your own safety and wellbeing. If you have an underlying medical condition, make sure to discuss it with one of our experienced plastic surgeons.
- You Don’t Smoke or Are Willing to Stop: Smoking interferes with the body’s ability to heal and also makes you more susceptible to infections. If you smoke and want a facelift, you may have to stop smoking to undergo the procedure.
- You Are in Good Psychological Health: Our plastic surgeons care about the mental wellbeing of our patients. We want to make sure that you are pursuing a facelift with a positive outlook.
- You Have Realistic Expectations: At Sanctuary Plastic Surgery, our goal is to make you look and feel younger. Our plastic surgeons know how to create the most beautiful results while highlighting your natural beauty.
If you want to know more about your facelift candidacy or have questions about the procedure, call Sanctuary Plastic Surgery today at 561-367-9101 to schedule a consultation. Our team of dedicated plastic surgeons has decades of experience helping men and women regain their youthful appearance. We proudly serve patients in Boca Raton and throughout the state of Florida.
Most Common Myths about Male Breast Reduction
Male breast reduction is used to address gynecomastia, the medical name for larger breasts in men. Derived from Greek and Latin words meaning, literally, “woman breasts,” gynecomastia is far from uncommon. In fact, an estimated 70% of adolescent males develop the condition to some extent and it is extremely common in middle-aged and older men. (more…)
How to Prepare for an Online Plastic Surgery Consultation
Virtual plastic surgery consultations aren’t necessarily a new phenomenon, but they have become much more popular, and in many cases – necessary – in modern times. Virtual consultations allow you to share pictures, ask questions, and learn about your plastic surgery options from the comfort of your home.
Important Things To Know About a Tummy Tuck
Tummy tucks offer patients a wealth of benefits, including the removal of excess fat and skin and a trim, attractive midsection. If you are considering a tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, here are a few important things to keep in mind:
What Are The Different Types of Liposuction?
For a time, there was only one option for liposuction. It involved the manual disruption of stubborn fat deposits with a hollow tube, before suctioning it out of the body. While traditional liposuction is still a great option for many patients, modern technical advances have led to a variety of highly-effective techniques that are less invasive, involve a shorter recovery period, and provide exceptional results.
5 Reasons to Get a Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck, also referred to as abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed to tone and tighten the abdominal area. Women and men in various stages of life undergo the procedure to obtain flatter, slimmer midsections.
How to Choose a Plastic Surgeon
The decision to undergo plastic surgery should always be made with careful consideration of all the factors involved in the process, including which surgeon to work with. The training, skill and experience of your plastic surgeon will have a significant impact on your ability to achieve beautiful results while minimizing the risk of complications. Therefore, it’s crucial that you choose your plastic surgeon wisely. (more…)
Am I a Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation has been the most popular plastic surgery procedure year after year, and for good reason. Many women have achieved life-changing benefits that come with feeling confident about their breast appearance. If you’d like to improve the size, shape and overall appearance of your breasts, this procedure may be an excellent option for you. (more…)
When Can I Wear a Bra after Breast Augmentation?
After breast augmentation, it can be fun to begin shopping for clothes that will accentuate your new breast appearance. Being able to look great in new bras, bikinis and tops is just one of the many benefits you’ll experience from your procedure. However, patience will be necessary while you recover from surgery. You won’t be able to wear regular bras immediately. (more…)