You deserve to feel pleased with the appearance of your breasts and comfortable in your body, but feeling unhappy with the size or shape or your bust can leave you less than confident. Breast augmentation is the most popular plastic surgery procedure in the United States, and can create the figure you've always wanted.
Creating the Results of Your Dreams
Sanctuary Plastic Surgery is widely regarded as one of South Florida’s premier plastic surgeons, with certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has made cosmetic enhancement his life’s work. If you're interested in breast augmentation in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, or the surrounding areas of South Florida, reach out and set up your complimentary consultation with our team to learn more about how his extensive experience can create the results of your dreams.
What Are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation?
There are numerous reasons to undergo breast augmentation in Boca Raton at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery, such as:
- To achieve a more attractive breast size and shape
- To improve your self-esteem and body image
- To correct asymmetrical breasts
- To restore breast volume loss following pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding
- To enhance cleavage
- To have a more attractive appearance in clothing, swimsuits, and lingerie
More About Breast Implant Types
We primarily use Natrelle's INSPIRA breast implants but will occasionally use Mentor, Sientra, or others. We offer both saline and silicone implants but primarily place silicone implants. Currently, we only place smooth-walled saline and silicone implants. All silicone implants are considered “gummy bear implants” but we offer implant types with varying levels of what's known as "cohesiveness," also known as "gumminess." More cohesive gel tends to be firmer, better maintaining its shape with less drooping.
Among the Natrelle implants, the Responsive implant tends to be the softest, with the SoftTouch being slightly firmer, and the Cohesive implant being the firmest and most cohesive variety we offer. Different levels of firmness determine how the implant will retain its shape. This enables you to customize your augmentation to create a naturalistic result that matches your body's existing proportions and features.
Am I a Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Generally, candidates for breast augmentation in West Palm Beach at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery are:
- Over the age of 18
- In good overall health
- Realistic about their expectations for the outcome of the procedure
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Free of cancerous and precancerous breast tissue
If you smoke, you must be willing to quit several weeks before surgery and throughout your recovery. Smoking can negatively impact your healing, and therefore your final results.
Breast Implant Types
Dr. Pozner prides himself in his committment to the most cutting edge technology, and employs a wide variety of surgical techniques. During your consultation, he'll get to know your goals and your lifestyle, enabling him to use this information and off you a choice from the following types of breast implants:
- Silicone: These consist of a silicone outer shell filled with a silicone gel. They are pre-filled with the gel to Dr. Pozner’s exact specifications to reflect your vision for your figure. They have a more natural look and feel than saline implants and are less prone to wrinkling, rippling, and rupturing.
- Saline: Saline implants consist of a silicone shell filled with a sterile saline solution. They allow for smaller incisions because the implant is inserted into your breast empty, then filled with the solution. These implants are more prone to leakage or rupture than silicone implants, but should it occur, your body harmlessly absorbs the saline solution, and you can correct the problem immediately.
Breast Implant Incision Locations
Our surgeons offer two different locations for breast implant incisions, both of which allow your scars to be discreetly hidden from view, even in a bra, plunging neckline, or bikini top:
- Inframammary: The incision is placed in your breast crease where the scar is hidden in the natural fold.
- Periareolar: The incision is made along the lower border of the areola where the scars can be hidden in the darker skin.
Breast Implant Placement Options
Our surgeons offer you two different placements for breast implants, enabling you to pick the procedure that'll best suit your unique lifestyle:
- Subglandular: The implant is placed beneath the breast gland and above the pectoral muscle. We rarely use this approach except for specific body types. This approach has a faster recovery time.
- Submuscular: The implant is placed beneath your pectoral muscle. This is our preferred approach. It gives more natural-looking results, better long-term upper pole fullness, and a lower risk of capsular contracture.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation surgery is done on an outpatient basis and you should arrange for someone to drive you home after your surgery and stay with you overnight. There will be some pain and swelling for a couple of days after surgery, and you will have prescription pain medication to help you stay comfortable in the early stages of healing. Soreness and swelling may last up to several weeks.
You will be seen the next day in the office and the surgical wrap will be removed. You will be placed in a soft bra that we provide. After you return you may shower and replace the bra provided. You will be seen a few days later for a follow-up to assess your healing. You'll need to wear the bra provided until our staff says otherwise, and avoid buying new bras until the swelling subsides, which may be a few weeks after surgery.
Here is a general timeline of breast augmentation recovery:
- One week before you can return to work (depending on your job).
- Four days or so to resume driving.
- You may resume brisk walking 48 hours after surgery and more intense cardio one to two weeks after surgery. Limited weight lifting may be started one week after surgery. No CrossFit, push-ups, or major chest work for six weeks after surgery.
- Golf and tennis may be resumed about two to four weeks after surgery.
- You can wear underwire bras after being cleared by our staff.
Schedule Your Consultation at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery
We pride ourselves on our commitment to offering bespoke treatments to each and every patient, and we're excited to tailor your treatment around your unique cosmetic goals. During your complimentary consultation, your surgeon will work closely with you, learning about your lifestyle and aspirations, and developing a procedural plan that's perfect for you.
Your surgeon brings an extensive level of experience with them to each and every procedure and is excited to learn how we can craft the results of your dreams. If you're in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, or the nearby areas, reach out and learn more about what our surgeons and our incredible team can do for you.
The Sanctuary Difference
At Sanctuary Plastic Surgery, your breast augmentation in West Palm Beach will be performed with our board-certified plastic surgeon, drawing from his vast experience and utilizing the most advanced surgical techniques, including his substantial experience with "internal bra technology," something that few other practitioners can actually offer.
Our goal is to create new breasts that appear plump and youthful, for a naturalistic and beautiful enhancement to your figure. As the premier breast augmentation center in the region, you can expect personalized care throughout every phase of your journey to a more beautiful body, under the care of our leading board-certified plastic surgeon.