Dr. Pozner and his surgical team specialize in a highly advanced form of breast augmentation, which often involves the placement of an “internal bra” that holds the implants in place and creates impressively symmetrical results so you can enjoy a lovely, enhanced bust.
A Procedure Tailored to Your Goals
At Sanctuary Plastic Surgery, your surgeon may use one of several types of surgical mesh for this procedure, enabling him create a bespoke surgical plan that's specially tailored to your specific cosmetic goals.
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix
Sought by women the world over, breast augmentation has become the most popular plastic surgery procedure performed today. While breast augmentation surgeries have produced many happy, satisfied patients, some women have not had their aesthetic goals met in a primary breast augmentation surgery.
We specialize in performing even the most complext of revision procedures, handling hundreds of complicated breast augmentation revisions each year, with incredible results.
For many of these procedures, he uses a product called Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix, which offers several benefits to plastic and reconstructive surgery, particularly breast revision.
In many cases of breast revision and breast reconstruction, there is a lack of natural tissue and underlying support for the implants, making obtaining a satisfactory result challenging, if not impossible.
Side view using Strattice.
Strattice contour shapes.
A Soft, Natural Product
Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix is a soft, natural product that is made from sterile porcine dermis. It may be implanted beneath the skin to reinforce soft tissue where weakness exists. For breast revision, Strattice™ can provide a more satisfying breast appearance by mimicking natural tissue and acting as an internal bra for additional support and stabilization of the breast implant.
Strattice™ can help to achieve a more satisfactory breast augmentation results in women who have thin, tight skin or little to no natural breast tissue. It can be particularly beneficial in helping to repair common problems occurring from breast augmentation, including the following:
- Bottoming Out – Bottoming out occurs when the implant drops lower than the desired position due to the stretching of the skin. Strattice™ can be used as an internal bra to lift and support the implant in the desired position.
- Capsular Contracture – Capsular contracture occurs when the capsule surrounding the implant tightens, causing implant distortion and even pain. Strattice™ can act as an internal bra, replacing the capsule and providing the necessary support for the breast implant.
- Fold Malposition – Fold malposition is a condition in which the lower or side breast border moves because the breast implant has shifted downward or to the side. Strattice™ can help to redefine the breast borders and support the breast augmentation repair.
- Rippling and Wrinkling – In some instances, breast implants may cause visible ripples or wrinkles on the skin’s surface. By helping to support the implants, Strattice™ can improve the appearance of rippling and wrinkling.
- Symmastia – Symmastia may be referred to as “breadloafing” or “uniboob” because, with this condition, the implants are close together and may even touch. Strattice™ can be used during revision to help control the location of the implants.
Incorporating Strattice™ into your breast revision surgery can enhance the outcome of your surgery and create the look that you desire. Strattice™ may also reduce the risk of some complications following surgery, including implant palpability, implant migration, symmastia, and bottoming out. During a consultation, your surgeon will discuss all potential risks and benefits and whether or not Strattice™ Reconstructive Tissue Matrix is right for your revision. Contact Sanctuary Plastic Surgery Center today at 1-800-651-1897 to schedule a consultation.
Schedule Your Consultation at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery
We would love to talk more with you about our bespoke approach to breast augmentation at Sanctuary Plastic Surgery. If you're in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, or the nearby areas, Dr. Pozner and his team of extraordinarily skilled plastic surgeons are here to speak with you about breast augmentation or revision surgery and recommend an internal surgical bra so you can enjoy the superior results you deserve. Reach out and set up your consultation with one of our providers.